*This contest is CLOSED, but you can still enjoy the post!
We learned so much from our sit-down with real mom Sandra Rojas-Chinni including how to love your home. The owner of lamerceria.ca, an online shop dedicated to South American and artisanal must-haves, describes her own style as refined and rustic. “I have a soulful, conscious and modern approach for a joyful and sometimes messy life with kids,” she says. Want to copy her style? Then read on.
Sandra’s tips on how to decorate your home with passion and purpose
- Less is more; only surround yourself with meaningful objects.
- Live in the space for a bit before fully furnishing it. I have had clients that want to buy everything at once from one place but I think some things you have to figure out over time based on how you use the space. The end result is the creation of an environment that’s stamped with your true character and personality.
- Don’t be afraid of white and linen upholstery just because you have little ones. I’ve always been obsessed with how handy slipcovers are—you just wash and they’re like new again. The Laundress All Purpose Bleach Alternative and Stain Remover works like magic. The formulas are really concentrated so the products last.
- Get the best quality towels, bedding and dishes that you can afford. It’s what we use the most and those things will make you feel luxurious every day. I consider them life’s daily pleasures.
- Mix high and low priced items, especially when you have kids. For example, my son’s room has an Ikea bed, but I invested in other luxuries like bedding and a rug from Dwell.
- Most of all, embrace imperfections. It’s what gives character to your space.
It’s a Giveaway!
New La Merceria ceramic ware is made by a South American artisan who sources naturally mint-coloured clay from Santander in the Andes region of Columbia.
Visit us on Instagram and find this pic shown above to enter a $25 gift card giveaway from La Merceria. Simply tag a friend in the comments section of our contest post for a chance to win by 4/29/2016 by 6pm EST. See our contest rules and regulations page for full details.