GIFT IDEA #1: A sparkling addition
Craft expert and media personality Denise Wild spoiled Roland with the gift of serious shimmer. “I had given my husband a watch when we got married, and as a special surprise one year, I had diamonds added to it. It made me feel great to take something that he loved and make it even more special and he was excited to rock some bling.”
More luxe ideas
1. Linea N10 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones, $200. 2. Tanner Goods Memori Brass Pen, $88. 3. Erin Tracy Koi Cufflinks, $245.
GIFT IDEA #2: The art investment
Joyce Lo is the co-director of the Drake General Store which since it’s launch 8 years ago has ballooned into more than just a hotel lobby gift shop for The Drake Hotel. Her appreciation for oh-so lovely things is shared with her better half, Matt Carr, who is the Director of Design at Umbra. A treasured keepsake she gifted him with is this print from Alicia’s Klassic Kool Shoppe to delight his artistic eye.
More artful ideas
1. Warby Parker Sunglasses, starting at $150. 2. Swatch Sistem Arrow Watch, $240. 3. The Bright Stuff Cactus Neon Light, $36.
GIFT IDEA #3: Music to make him move
Lifestyle and design pro Julia Black had to listen to his heart to surprise her husband. “Andrew has played guitar since he could learn to walk. And although I wish I could tell you I bought him this Gibson guitar, it wasn’t the guitar I gifted him for Christmas. You see, Andrew is probably the biggest Pearl Jam fan, EVER. So I bought him third row seats to their concert. I’ve only seen Andrew cry when our kids were born and when I gave him the gift of Pearl Jam. Oh, and it helped that I threw in a night at the Shangri-La to extend the thrill of the evening.”
More ideas that rock
1. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen, $40, and Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam by Mike Mccready (preorder), $35. 2. Sonos Mini Home Speaker, $249. 3. Marshalls USB Turntable, $69.99.
GIFT IDEA #4: Travel ready
Afiya Francisco is a style personality and social influencer that shares her curated eye with her man. “One of the best gifts that I’ve given Aaron is a Barbour weekender bag. It’s stylish and it will last forever, however it’s extra special because it holds the promise of going somewhere and holds the memory of many adventures. It’s travelled so many places with us from cottage getaways to our first trip away without the boys.”
More gifts with mileage
1. Venque Briefpack XL Black, $219. 2. Charcoal Lines Flask, $28. 3. Want Les Essentials Bradley Bifold Wallet, $192.50.
GIFT #5: Grooming notes
Kristen is one of two moms behind the online clothing shop for kids, Tiny Trendsetter. (You’ll be reading her story later this week; she’s pulling off a side hustle in children’s wear alongside a career in finance). Her husband Nolan is a fragrance and grooming junkie and she says one of his favourite gifts was easy to pick: A spa day at The Four Seasons Hotel.
More primpin’ presents
1. Tom Ford Vert Des Bois Eau de Parfum, approximately $225-595. 2. Anthony Oil Free Facial Lotion, $36. 3. Marshalls Travel Cologne Set, $39.99.