Beauty expert Lesa Hannah doesn’t mince words when it comes to decoding green and clean beauty products (the Beauty Director for FASHION Magazine was kind enough to share her green beauty tips with us here). Now she sounds off on the must-haves that have her love and attention:
1. RMS Beauty Un Cover Up Given Rose Marie Swift’s high exacting standards and the money she’s willing to invest when it comes to ingredients, I would 100% trust anything this woman makes. Her Lip Shines are great, her mascara is probably the best natural one I’ve tried, but it’s her concealer I’ve obsessed over forever. To illustrate how much I adore it, I refused to part with mine earlier this year even though I dropped it and parts of the glass pot that it comes in broke. I dug the bits of broken glass out and I’m still using it. If that isn’t love, I don’t know what is.
2. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer It has 20% zinc oxide, doesn’t feel super thick and chalky and comes in a non-tinted version. Sadly, it’s not available in Canada; I bought mine at Whole Foods in NYC, where I’m often checking out what mineral options they carry.
3. Leaves of Trees Deodorant I’ve tried of lot of aluminum free deos but this one does a great job of keeping the BO at bay. I also love that it’s a Toronto brand that I can buy down the street from the office, and i love the silver tube it’s packaged in.
4. Bite Beauty lipstick In addition to using food grade ingredients, this Canadian brand’s Lipstick Lab in Soho, where you can mix up any shade you want, is truly one of the greatest ideas ever. I created my dream berry there a few years ago; their first Toronto flagship should be opening soon, finally bringing that same experience to the company’s hometown.
5. Tata Harper Body Scrub It smells incredible, but my one complaint is that the pot should be double the size because I burn through it way too fast.
6. John Masters Organics Honey & Hibiscus Reconstructing Shampoo Sulfate free but still serves up a creamy lather.